I’ve been enjoying having the space over the last week to reflect back on 2014 (and start planning for 2015!). I’ve been thinking about answers to a series of questions that I use. This is my round up for 2014:
What did I achieve over the last 12 months that I’m proud of?
- Travelled solo for 5 months through Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore and Vietnam.
- Had 3 guest posts published. I’m the most proud of the post I wrote for Tiny Buddha and the results and comments that came from that.
- Produced a calendar of photos that I took while at Care for Dogs as a fundraising project. You can still buy the calendars – all the details are in the post pinned to the top of my Facebook Page.
- Wrote at least one blog post a week while travelling for 5 months.
- Being part of The Clave Collective for the second year running. This is an awesome bunch of salsa dancers in Wellington, performing and competing around the country (and soon overseas!).
- Completed the first 9 modules of a photography course, scoring 8/10 on most assignments.
- Lived in Thailand for 3 and a half months while volunteering at Care for Dogs in Chiang Mai.
- Redesigned and rewrote the content for my website. I also started to publish a weekly newsletter called “Freedom Friday”.
- Created a facebook page to share my photography.
What am I grateful for in 2014?
The new friends that have come into my life and the opportunities I’ve had to strengthen my old friendships.
What did I learn over the past 12 months?
I’ve learned that I can do what I previously thought was impossible if I give myself the chance. Going out for a 3 hour training run with a friend when I’d barely done any running for months.
I’ve learned that I’m very persistent once I’ve set a goal for myself.
I’ve learned that my view of myself can be quite different to how others see me (I’m more critical of myself).
I’ve learned that I can commit to something when I choose to (I’d previously thought of myself as a commitment avoider).
I’ve learned that I need to have more faith in myself.
I’ve learned that the more you face your fears the less power they have.
I’ve learned that the loudest arguments happen in my own head.
I’ve learned that I can cycle an hour in 30 degree heat if the motivation is great enough (cute dogs on the way there, ice cream and a cold shower on the way back).
What do I still need to figure out?
I still need to figure out how to accept that I am of value just the way I am and that my opinions and views are valid.
I need to learn how to let go of things that really aren’t that important in the long run.
I need to learn how to give myself a break and to be less critical of what I do.
I need to learn how to stop feeling the need to justify how I’ve chosen to live my life.
I want to learn how to enjoy the present more. I often overplan/overthink a situation/email/conversation that might happen or might not!
And am I where I want to be?
I thought by now I would’ve decided where I’d like to live and maybe would’ve purchased my own home. I also had thought that I might have met someone who had the potential to be my partner in life and love.
Plenty of adventures to look forward to in 2015!
Would you like to have a fantastic start to 2015?
Come and join me in The 30 Day Redesign!